Saturday, October 22, 2011

Introduction

I've started this blog to bring together sheet music for the violin. The music is focused, for now, on hymns. I've found it difficult to find sheet music when playing hymns that are in a key that I feel comfortable with, so I had to start making my own using Lilypond (a software package that "engraves" the music and easily transposes the key). Thinking that others may benefit from this, I've decided to put the music on this blog for others to use.

If you happen to find errors in the music, please let me know so that I can correct it. Also, if you play a variation of a hymn or play a duets, I'd love to see it! If you have music (handwritten or otherwise) that others might like, please email me. If you don't have sheet music, then record a video, post it on YouTube, and send me link.

No comments:

Post a Comment